Go right to the beginning by clicking here, or to the start of the adventure by clicking here



Wednesday, June 9, 2010

5 days and counting...

5 days to the start of my Freedom Challenge adventure... Thanks to Giant, this year I'm on a rigid, singlespeed 29er, well to be more accurate, I've taken a perfectly funtioning XTC1 29er and turned it into a bit of a retro freakshow, all in an attempt to better the current singlespeed record of 21 days. With the bar having been set quite high by a certain Mr. Andre Britz, who established the category and the record in 2007 on a rigid bike, I'll be doing the same and shunning the comforts of suspension and gears. While some may question the wisdom of this, one thing that's apparent with this kind of simple setup is the lack of clutter and hence a really lightweight bike! After tomorrow's final building tweaks, I'll be able to weigh it and post some pictures too - watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment